Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching the auctions on ebay for Bates hardbags and have noted that almost all of them say locks broke or missing keys. I will probably have to install new locks in mine when I get them. I doubt original replacements are available. Anybody have any ideas for sources of replacement locks for these? Mine will be late '70's or '80's bags, like that style.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Menards or Lowes have the replacement cylinders. Same as drawer or cabinet lock. I think I paid $4.00 for the last one I bought for my trunk. Just not keyed alike.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shooterrex said:
Menards or Lowes have the replacement cylinders. Same as drawer or cabinet lock. I think I paid $4.00 for the last one I bought for my trunk. Just not keyed alike.

Ride Safe,
Rex
Fantastic. Thanks rex. Just luv those easy, inexpensive fixes. :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, what these people said. I belong to a group of riders that had 18 bikes with Bates hardware. Over the years, we had to replace things and as Bates no longer made it, we had to invent in some cases. The cabinet locks work fine and are probably what Bates used originally anyway. Have a couple of originals and I can't tell the difference. Sorry, originals not for sale, still have members using old bikes.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a set of Bates bags.
I went to Home Depot and bought a set of sliding glass door locks. Even got them keyed alike.

Ride Safe
Wayne :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Same here for my Leatherlyke bags....went to Home Depot and got 'em for 4.00 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts