Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The button broke on one of my saddlebags yesterday. The stud is still good and intact on the acutal saddlebag but the the part of the button on the flap that snaps onto the stud broke in two. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement button that will work?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My wife's business requires her to frequently visit the local shop that stocks cloth and all accessories and tools for making drapes and upholstering. I went with her one day and happened to be looking through a group of accessory drawers similar to those you would find in a hardware store for nuts and bolts. I was suprised to find the identical setup that you find on our saddle bags. I suggest that you look up the local cloth material / upholsery supply shop and ask around. I bet they would have it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Same thing happened to me!!! I keep forgetting to check maybe the craft section at wally world?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to go check today at Hobby Lobby. I will let you know if I find anything.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are some leather shops around but not a Tandy

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
I can't help you, but this calls for a reminder for everyone who still has intact snaps. Lubricate them regularly. When they start to be tough to either open or snap, take some cooking oil on a paper towel and wipe it on the mail part of the snap. This will prevent the problem with them pulling out.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
If they are OEM suzuki bags they have a repair kit if I remember right... granted I think it was like 20 bucks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts