Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home a 2003 anniversary model and I can not figure out how to get the side panel off to get at the tool box and rear suspension. I can turn the key and the bottom will come loose but I’m afraid to just pull on the side panel to get it off. After the key is turned what do I do next?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Lift the bottom end gently and pull the top. If I remember correctly there are a couple of studs at the top that are pushed into a couple of rubber grommets.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Pull it off.... from the bottom..prying a little bit upward.... you should see the 2 studds in upper part....

·
Registered
639 Posts
removal

after unlocking you will need to give it a little tug.

Pull from the bottom right first out and up slightly to get the plastic plug guide to be remove from the rubber grommet (behind, you can not see it). only pull enough to feel it unseat.

Next you will tug left top corner out and slightly up. Only pull enough to unseat. You will then left cover up from the bottom and angle upwards and out.

It is kind of a pain. Do not use too much force.

·
Registered
740 Posts
PULL IT!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
And don't be surprised if it is difficult to put back....

·
Registered
639 Posts
get a bigger hammer

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Good place to keep a bag of...........................................

...................................................................................................tools

·
Registered
740 Posts
aceshi21 said:
PULL IT!!
forgot, youll need a sawz-all and about 4 replacement blades.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
That stud in rubbers attachment is on the left tool box, right cover, front fork center plastic chrome, neck covers also. Be careful when you pull on it because, as your mother once told you, if you keep pulling, it will fall off.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yeah, what everyone else says here, tug and be carefull. Don't be suprised if the plastic "stud" breaks off, mine did. The one to the rear which is behind the frame. Put a little lube when going back together for easier disassembly next time.

As stated "it's a pain" and don't get used much!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts