Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found myself a short ways from my house when I realized I hadn't checked my tires before heading out... really haven't done any riding yet this season and as we all are aware of the possibility of losing air while the ride sits...went back home, put the bike on the lift, checked front and rear and added a few lbs to each...even went the extra yard and wore a safety vest to make myself more visible as folks around here still not looking out for mc's...early in the season, many just anxious to get out and not paying attention. Have had several mc fatalities already in Ct...shame...be careful everyone, ride safe and have a great riding season.

·
Super Moderator
25,695 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I went to roll my bike out of the garage and it felt like the chain was binding or something. Looked down and realized the rear was completely flat. Turns out I had picked up a nail the last time I rode it. Luckily I was just coming due for a new rear anyway.

Yes, we all get lazy and forget to check the simple stuff. I should have seen that nail before I even got on the bike. I guess I was lucky that it apparently slow leaked and didn't lose a lot of air until it was parked in the garage.

Good reminder, Dennis. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glad you only got as far as just outside the garage...even better you were due for a new tire so not too much lost...had my first flat last year...picked up a bolt somewhere and didn't notice it till the next day when I was in the garage, luckily the tire was in such a position I was able to notice it when I walked passed the bike...surprisingly the tire wasn't totally flat, so added more air to the tire and rode it the 5 miles to where I get the bike serviced and had them order and replace the tire. Kinda bazaar the size of the bolt that was embedded in the tire.

·
Super Moderator
25,695 Posts
I've had some bizarre things go into tires. Had a flat on my car once, and when I went to pull out the "nail" with pliers it started crumbling. Took me a minute to realize that it wasn't a nail, it was a stick. I wouldn't have thought one could puncture a tire, but there it was.

·
Super Moderator
58,181 Posts
I had a deer bone from a carcass splattered across the highway puncture an 8 ply on my work van the other year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts