Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been learning more about jetting lately since going naked with the UNI. Stock rammed exhaust with damn near the whole ring drilled out, baffles in. I dont have the Dyno needle so Im using stock and my first attempt at jetting saw my pilot was a Keihn (sp) 50 pilot jet, apparently, and 137.5 main. I ordered this rebuild kit from 6 sigma I think it was, but didnt really look at what I was putting in, and this is what they gave me.0

Today I put in a 147.5 main and a 40 pilot both Mikuni. Havent started it yet (battery), but what do you think of using the stock needle with one shim on the long end? Jetting matrix suggests using the DJ needle and spring. Is that necessary more often than not?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Thus the art of tuning. The matrix is a starting point. Then make small adjustments from there based on the response through the throttle range.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got the DJ kit so can’t tell you about the needle. I will say that a DJ 155 main with a Mikuni 40 for pilot and DJ needle on third notch runs just right with my recent Uni conversion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts