Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just performed a rejet on my 01 Volusia. Stock pilot, Dynojet 155 main, Needle on 3rd notch, 2.5 turns mix screw, K&N in football and Debaffled pipes. I got it started and it runs great. I took it out for about 100 miles and it ran perfect. Great idle, great acceleration/response at all speeds. However, two times since the rejet I have had trouble getting the bike started while warm. It took me about a minute of cranking to get it to fire and I can smell gas. I don't think it is running rich and maybe I inadvertently flooded it (although I don't think I did). I took it out again today with no problems. Starts right up with almost no choke and is idling steady within a minute. I am not too concerned but I thought I would throw out the info to people more knowledgeable than myself....Also, I don't know if this matters or not, but when I was reassembling my needle, I dropped the top washer into the bottomless pit in my garage (never to be seen again). I replaced it with the Dynojet spacer which is about the same size. I was a little worried but everything seems ok.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
It sounds like you are rich in the idle circuit. You should be able to lean it out with the mixture screw. (Needing choke to start is OK, and normal, as it enriches the mixture, if you are too rich, there isn't a "lean" knob to go the other way.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts