Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i need to rejet my bike as it pops a lot on decel despite pair valve blocking. Ive noticed small heat bubbles ontop of the chrome airbox cover as well. Fan comes on when it should (isnt on constant).
I cant adjust the a/f screw as its seized and stripped so i guess ill have to get that taken out and replaced.
Would a 2.5 increase in main jet size fix it? It has a stock air filter and runs fine to 100mph or so (not that i ever go that fast). Should i get a larger pilot screw as well to help with the cold blooded nature of the bike?

·
Registered
108 Posts
not sure its the cruizers that are causing your problem..i have an 04 VL800 and just went from stock pipes to cruizers and have no problems whatsoever. I even took the baffles out because i wanted it to bark like a big dog, and still runs perfect.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have a 130 jet in my carb. I have Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, pair valve disabled and it backfires when I let off the throttle. I take out the baffles and it pops very rarely. Any idea there? Do I need to downsize the jet with the baffles in?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi I just re jetted my 03 vl 800 put v and h cruzers and k and n air filter. I used the dyno jet stage one with 155 main followed the instructions and the bike has been reborn. Runs excellent no more bucking at start up and first ride has more power better response at the throttle and sounds awesome. I am no mechanic and just followed the instructions I also have a picture step by step on how to re jet if you want it I can email it to you. Send me a response on my email. [email protected]. Ps I did not touch the pilot or block the pare valve

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.