Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm looking for suggestions on how to get my arms a little bit further up whilst riding the my C50. I'm 6'5" and have a pretty wide wingspan. I like the stock bars well enough, except I've decided I would be much more comfortable with higher bars, they are simply too low. The bike is an '05 C50T with the factory windshield that I would very much like to keep, I'm not opposed to making it work if needed. Just "eyballing" it, I would say an 8"-10" raise over the stock ones would be ideal. I did originally consider doing (pullback) risers mounted backwards, but I don't have much faith they would work great. I have searched. I almost pulled the trigger on Harley take off 56569-09 bars mentioned years ago here but I'm thinking not drilled or dimpled would be the way to go? No wires in the C50 right? Any advice on brake hose and/or cable routing? Looks like i may not need to change anything?

I appreciate any input.
:poop:馃嵒

Super Moderator
hang in there..I'm sure quite a few here have been there done that and will be able to offer some helpful advice.

Super Moderator
6'5" people do not belong on a C50. If 6'2" didn't fit 6'5" won't. It would be like trying to stuff 10# of sausage in a 5# casing ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
6'5" people do not belong on a C50. If 6'2" didn't fit 6'5" won't. It would be like trying to stuff 10# of sausage in a 5# casing ;)
Ahhh yes my lanky ass doesn't belong on much comfortably it seems. However, the C50 is my first bike and its great! Needs higher handlebars before I switch to a longer machine though. ;) Really, I like the bike and enjoy riding the crap out of it when MN cooperates... I did put on a Mustang 3pc and that is definatly not helping me feel less cramped.

Mmmkay gentlemen. Can you give me any input on dimpled, vs non dimpled bars? Any input on anything? I think I want to stick with something that is of decent quality, smooth bent chrome. I like the stock beach bars, any input on what type of mini ape or similar bar might be comfortable?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Anyways, for lack of finding a better option, I ordered some Harley Danielson factory apes last week, 11.5" rise IIRC. Can anyone give me any advise at all reguarding grips and cables and whatnot? Will I likely need new grips? I like the factory ones fine, but if new ones are needed I'd like to get some coming. Source for a front brakeline? Gentlemen?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts