Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Reckless Fairing yesterday. Only waited 1 year. A couple of buddies got one at Delmarva bike week last year and I've been dying to get one ever since. Install was just ok. They give you almost no instructions. And they did a poor job labeling the wires for the stereo. There are 3 wires coming off the unit. One for negative, one for positive on battery for memory and one for switched power. You technically could put both to the battery but if u leave the radio on you will end up with a dead battery. We'll both positives were wrapped in a label that said positive. I tested each one to the battery. First one I tried the radio turned on. The second did not. That meant it was the one for memory. Also the bracket did not line up perfectly. The top mount holes were off by just a little. It took a lot of finagling and sweat but I finally got it. I should mention that you don't need stock windshield mounts. The brackets that come with it are made for the c90 and mount to the oem windshield mount holes. So far I'm very happy though. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Windshield

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have a question gadget dad. You said only took one year. Did you order it a year ago? If not how long from order date did you receive it. I am thinking about ordering one this winter for March riding. Folks like the reckless. Do not know much about wide open customs. Also woodys up in Wisconsin looks interesting. Chuck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey alpha dog. I should have been more clear. Sorry. It took one year of constant begging and pleading for the boss to finally give in and say I could get it. :) I ordered it on 9/21 and got it on 10/8. Just shy of 3 weeks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reckless puts a little metal logo plate to the right of the stereo that you can see in this pic. I have the Infinity Bluetooth stereo from Reckless. I love it. Sounds great at high speed. I wish navigating the usb stick was easier, but i'm ok with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.