Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Rear Turn Signals

935 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Stan Suchman 
#1 ·
I am a long-time lurker of this forum, but this is my first post. Forgive me if this topic has been covered before; I have yet to get the knack of focusing my searches in this forum.

Both of my rear turn signals on my 2005 M50 are out. I get a fast blink on the front signals, nothing in the back. I replaced the bulbs with no results. Could this be a turn signal relay issue, or a wiring issue? On casual inspection, the wiring looks fine.

I would appreciate any help or insight you can provide.

Regards,

STAN

#5 ·
Thanks for the help thus far. I apologize for not getting back to the bike until now.

As I begin to explore the turn signal problem, I find that I have no lights in the back at all - no rear running light, no brake light, no signals. I checked the fuses, found them all to be fine.

I appreciate all further guidance. Please keep it simple - I am not strong on these electrics.

STAN

#9 ·
Nice and simple, once you folks told me where to look and what to look for! As suggested, the connection under the seat had come undone. Simple reconnect and everything is fine.

The last question is a good one - in fact I do not recall the last time I had the seat off my M50 - a year or two at least. Nonetheless, the connection is well-secured now.

I appreciate your help. Now back to lurking.

Regards.

STAN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.