Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just did it Saturday.
Tougher than I thought because the bottom bolt won't come all the way out due to hitting the frame.
You have to completely remove the lower shock bracket as well.
It's not really that tough, it was just tough for me to figure it out.
Theres quite a bit of disassembly to do to get access to the dog bones.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe there's a sticky in the common mods section that covers the installation of the lowering links. It's really helpful and lets you in on a few tips that make the job easier. The difficulty in removing the bolts seems to be hit or miss as mine were not excessively tight. You can slide out the bottom bolt without too much hassle. The bolt slides through a bushing that can be easily pushed out through the nut side. Pushing this bushing out allows the bolt to be angled sufficiently to clear the frame and you're off to the races. You can buy the links through various vendors or make them yourself using the specs from this site (that's what I did, 2"). It definately changes the feel of the bike and so far I'm pleased with the results.

Cheers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe there's a sticky in the common mods section that covers the installation of the lowering links. It's really helpful and lets you in on a few tips that make the job easier. The difficulty in removing the bolts seems to be hit or miss as mine were not excessively tight. You can slide out the bottom bolt without too much hassle. The bolt slides through a bushing that can be easily pushed out through the nut side. Pushing this bushing out allows the bolt to be angled sufficiently to clear the frame and you're off to the races. You can buy the links through various vendors or make them yourself using the specs from this site (that's what I did, 2"). It definately changes the feel of the bike and so far I'm pleased with the resullts

What about adjusting the brake? What does that mean?

Cheers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts