Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the wizz nut's on the O4 Vol welded on? Im trying to put bags on with out instructions or the bolts. I bought new bolts (a couple of times) I got the most rear bolt back on but cant get the inside the fender wizz nut on the front most bolt off and wonder if they are welded on? Did a search on rear fender bolt problem but didn't answer my question. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
I just had mine off (what a pain in the butt) and as I remember the rear most is attached and the next one forward was not on my 05 C50. I had a horrible time lining things up again as I had to to take off everything to put on a bracket for my sissybar. Never again will I take out more than one bolt at a time. Try a search by author and look at the replies on my issue and they might help you as well.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
The nuts on the front bolts are welded to the steel fender liner. Get the bike level and loosen all 4 bolts. Then just take out 1 at a time. Metric Allen wrenches that go on a ratchet are a big help. Getting the holes lined up is a PITA sometimes but if the bikes level. the bolts will go back in.

Ride Safe.
Rex

·
Registered
123 Posts
or, drill them out and put them thru the fender from the inside, bolt it to the fender bracket and in the bag have a wing nut for easy on off cuz everyone fights with that bolt.
i did that and it is a breeze to remove bags to wash bike or to change it to go solo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
are the wizz nut's on the O4 Vol welded on? Im trying to put bags on with out instructions or the bolts. I bought new bolts (a couple of times) I got the most rear bolt back on but cant get the inside the fender wizz nut on the front most bolt off and wonder if they are welded on? Did a search on rear fender bolt problem but didn't answer my question. thanks
Not welded in the front, a damned loose nut (like some behind automobile steering wheels) LMAO

You'll have to hold it with a combination wrench, 13mm I believe. I just went thru that crap, changing the rear tire and removing old bags. Have FUN! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts