Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready for a ride a few days ago and did a quick pre-ride check; tire pressure, look for anything loose, horn, mirrors, etc. and when checking the brake lights I noticed the brake light was not coming on with the foot pedal. I looked at the spring that goes from the brake pedal to the switch was hanging from the switch but the lower half that goes to the brake pedal was broke off, or rather, worn off. I ordered two as they were not in stock at the local dealer, they were about $2.50 each. I just thought this might be something to check if you don't do it on a regular basis. I was going to order them online from Oneida Suzuki (where I sometimes order parts) but they wanted over $10 for shipping. Besides, it was a nice sunny warm day and a good excuse for a ride to the local dealer!

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Nice catch on the brake light. Hope your parts come in on time. If not, go to the local hardware store with your broken one and match it up. Auto parts stores carry them too.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks scorpion46, I actually picked them up today and installed the new spring. I tried going to an auto parts store but the springs they had were all either too big or to light. The spring on the bike is fairly stout. I didn't try the hardware store and the cost of the OEM spring was not high.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Glad you got them. My local stealer orders and it usually takes 3-5 days to come in. Then waiting on the call saying their in is torture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts