Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bled rear brakes after putting speed bleeder on. Pumped about a cup and half of fluid thru. Reservoir is full but nothing showing in window. Brakes work but still little spongy. Scratching my head. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
My thoughts are you don't have a C50 Boulevard. What bike are you working on?

Reactions: Whiskey

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Bled rear brakes after putting speed bleeder on. Pumped about a cup and half of fluid thru. Reservoir is full but nothing showing in window. Brakes work but still little spongy. Scratching my head. Any thoughts?
Try bleeding the master with the lid off. Squeeze the brake lever slightly and watch the bubbles rise. Slowly, do this many times, and eventually it will bleed.

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Reservoir is full but nothing showing in window.
Not sure how that's possible. Some brake fluid almost has no color to it so maybe it's just hard to see, especially if it's a little over full.

If your bike still has the original 2006 brake line, the sponginess could be the rubber brake line is old and weak, expands when pressure it put to it.

.....and it could be air that you just haven't got to yet.

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts

Nothing showing in the window? How can the reservoir be full, yet nothing show? Sounds to me like while doing the bleed you let the reservoir empty. Repeat the bleed, this time ensuring you never have less than a 3/4 full reservoir. i'll bet you have a big old pocket of air in there somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.