Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T the back cylinder is not firing right the pop does not get hot I have checked the coil with a meter change the spark plugs had the fuel injectors cleaned and for some reason it will not idle and it you got a rib it really high to get it to get any kind of motion going because it feels like I'm riding 35 down the road like a moped. I would really like it if somebody could help.

·
Administrator
51,667 Posts
Check simple things first, such as, is the air filter plugged?
Is there water in the fuel?
Is any of the ignition or fuel injection wiring rubbing on the frame, engine, fuel tank and shorting out?

Check the compression for each cylinder, and if possible, a more sophisticated leak-down compression test should be performed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a similar problem recently just after a valve adjustment. I failed to tighten the locking nut enough on one of the intake valves on the rear cylinder and shortly after starting and running for a minute or two the adjuster backed off completely not allowing one of the two intake valves to open. I basically lost the rear cylinder. Working on the principle of check what you did last I found the problem pretty quickly. When was the last time you had your valves adjusted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emptied the tank and put fresh fuel in it, changed plugs, even used a meter to check the primary and secondary coil test, but it wont idle and i can still grab the back cylinder exhaust pipe after i rev It Up

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Have you tried the simple test of pulling the spark plug, attaching the wire and seeing if you have spark?

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
If you have good compression, and you have spark, the only thing missing is fuel.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
I'm thinking then a broken lifter, or valve not opening.
What was going on right before this issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was riding down the road and on the way back it started acting up and I couldn't get over 35 but I just recently got started because it's been sitting in my brother-in-law's yard for a year-and-a-half

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I adjusted the idle screw and now I can actually get it up to 50 or 55 but that's in third gear and it levels off it won't let me go any faster, and the top exhaust pipe that goes to the back cylinder still ain't getting that hot do you think it's still something with the timing or am I still not getting enough fuel to the back cylinder

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Remove your air filter and squirt a little starting fluid through the air intake trying to keep the spray towards the bad cylinder do this while bike is running you should hear the bad cylinder start hitting, if so it's a fuel problem

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Remove your air filter and squirt a little starting fluid through the air intake trying to keep the spray towards the bad cylinder do this while bike is running you should hear the bad cylinder start hitting, if so it's a fuel problem
Thanks for posting that.
I wanted to, but I'm a little leary when it comes to suggesting to other people to use that stuff.:grin2:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks for posting that.
I wanted to, but I'm a little leary when it comes to suggesting to other people to use that stuff.:grin2:

I HEARD THAT the starting fluid is ok to use now that it is lubricated?

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
How many miles on the bike? When was the last time the valves were adjusted?

Sitting in a yard for 1-1/2 years.....any critters make their way up the pipe to build a nest near the head? Had that happen, was the front pipe though and it was plugged solid with bird seed. Had to remove the pipe to clean it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You DO have good blue consistent spark to both plugs correct?
Spitting any raw fuel out of the cold pipe?
If you can find or borrow a compression tester, that would be a good thing to confirm...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts