Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this bike cover just over a year ago.

They said it was durable, high quality, outdoor, and had a 10 year warranty.
It has none of the above.

This thing is dying of weather rot.
In the end, it appears as though this thing is made of compressed kleenex.
We had a windy rainstorm last night, and when I came out this morning, this is what I saw.
These aren't rips. The material is just going to shlt. My mirrors and foot pegs have popped through. The elastic has died and is as worthless as twine.

I contacted coveranything this morning, and the best they can do is cover 65% of a new one!!!
Why bother, when I'll just have to replace it in a year or less?

This cover, and this company is garbage. Stay far away.
This would probably be an ok cover for a bike stored in an environmentally controlled, enclosed structure, but it has absolutely zero business being outside.
I apologize for my previous post praising these clowns, and worse, these Jackazzes have made me look bad for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,903 Posts
Wifey bought me a dowco guardian and I love it. Granted, my bike doesn't sit outside all the time, but when we're out, it's covered every night. Recently it withstood a strong thunderstorm like a champ with the strong winds that came with it. Next morning, everything was dry underneath. There was very little moisture still on the cover.
I've had it for 3 yrs. now.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wifey bought me a dowco guardian and I love it. Granted, my bike doesn't sit outside all the time, but when we're out, it's covered every night. Recently it withstood a strong thunderstorm like a champ with the strong winds that came with it. Next morning, everything was dry underneath. There was very little moisture still on the cover.
I've had it for 3 yrs. now.
Yup.

After speaking with the folks at Revzilla, that's what I have on order. I ordered the plus.
They only had the zipper model on hand, but I'm ok with that.
We'll see what lifetime vs 10 year has to offer.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice longhorn pegs ya got there Joe.
Thanks Beezer.
I do like them.
It seems I bought them off some guy on a Suzuki board somewhere.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
That type of cover you had isn’t good for long term outside storage. As you have found, it doesn’t hold up in most weather conditions. Great for dust and light rain, but not weather tight.

I bought an UltraGard cover for my bike a number of years ago. It’s ages pretty well. It has faded and has started to let them rain on occasionally (heavy storms), but it still is holding up well, the elastic around the edges is still good and it fits my Volusia well. They are available at Amazon, but I think I bought mine at Cruiser Customizing for under $100.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That type of cover you had isn’t good for long term outside storage. As you have found, it doesn’t hold up in most weather conditions. Great for dust and light rain, but not weather tight.
These things, I know now.
But what I now know, is not what it was sold as.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Acquired a Dowco Guardian cover in 2010. Has some wear and tear but still a good cover. Use it nightly.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just thought I'd add this update.
I'm still pissed.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Damn Joe! Remind me never to piss you off. You got way too much time and talent and will cause a world of hurt. Nice production by the way.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn Joe! Remind me never to piss you off. You got way too much time and talent and will cause a world of hurt. Nice production by the way.
Thanks.
I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it, I could have really gone crazy with it, but decided not to because I didn't have enough shots or video.

Just don't sell me a Maserati, and hand me a Yugo!:grin2:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Both my son and I use the Dowco when not riding, been in the AZ sun for 3 years now, no rips, tears, just a little fading. Good cover

1 - 20 of 27 Posts