Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I mean by REAL Custom Mods is this....
Went to a bike gathering yesterday (665 bikes + @ one place....I was in Heaven!)
Met a fellow who had an LED Board in his brake light. Now I know you can buy these to fit, but this guy made his own!
Took a led Trailer light, trimmed it to fit in the brake light. Took a 1157 brake light bulb, took the glass out of it. drill two small holes through the bottom of it and bolted it to the board. Then he wired it into the electrical and now he has an LED brake light for..............$30.00 !!!
Now I might have missed a step or two and I do not know ALL the details but you get the idea of a REAL Custom Mod here.
Would like to know any other Mods people had done to any part of their bike that was actually not pre-made to fit their bike.
Pics of course would be great too...

Thxs
EdEh

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
yeah i think there was someone who bought a HF droplight that had an LED board in it and modded it to fit the stock taillight too... and the drop light was on sale for something crazy like $9 or something

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
I can think of quite a few.

Garym262, Spider, 5thtonbench, [email protected], bf4cm28, Cobra, Coilguy, bikerboy, Rodog, swagfu, all have done amazing things with their bikes (and I know I'm leaving a whole lot more cool bikes off that list but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.)

Some of the mods I can think of off the top of my head:

Homeboy butt-cut seat mod
Hanks forward controls
Custom made rider backrests
The DJ Drive

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Here is my bike with my brothers. They have both changed a bit since this pic was taken, but the lights are still the same.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
swagfu said:
Here is my bike with my brothers. They have both changed a bit since this pic was taken, but the lights are still the same.

your bike looks better :)

x0x0x

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
aVOL2 said:
swagfu said:
your bike looks better :)

x0x0x
It will be a shame when I put it up for sale later this year.

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
It won't be a shame. It'll just make room for others still in progress. :lol:
It'll all be for the better of the world I'm sure. Just be sure to ask what's it's worth in blood and sweat. It's a real nice bike.
Remember that guy that had the one with the Nazereth theme painted on it? He got a pretty penny for that one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Now Personally, I don't believe making a tail light really counts as a "real custom mod".

CoilGuys springer is a real custom mod.

Garym262s project is beyond a real mod.

[email protected]'s is well, it just doesn't give a sh*t what anybody thinks.

So yeah....a tailight is still just playing it safe. But still the fact the time was taken to DIY still counts.

Just my 2cent.

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
Studly said:
I can think of quite a few.

Garym262, Spider, 5thtonbench, [email protected], bf4cm28, Cobra, Coilguy, bikerboy all have done amazing things with their bikes (and I know I'm leaving a whole lot more cool bikes off that list but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.)

Some of the mods I can think of off the top of my head:

Homeboy butt-cut seat mod
Hanks forward controls
Custom made rider backrests
The DJ Drive
I'd add Wild Man, although not as labor intensive as some of the others like Coilguy, [email protected], bikerboy and those, his mods are IMHO the best thought out I've ever seen. He thought the entire process through and really made sure that every part works in sync with all the others.

·
Registered
780 Posts
mods

Whoa, all the bikes above and others who are not mentioned are impressive and can be classified as "show bikes"! I have a blk Vol and WildMan's or Bilkerboys's bike is what I would like for my bike to be...oh, Im just daydreaming, who am I kidding? sigh........

·
Registered
590 Posts
The Volusianator said:
Seriously [email protected], you just didn't bolt all that chit on from Oneida! 8)
... damn you ... ice tea all over the screen ...

MAC ... man I loved that old tractor seat ... what's the story man?? ... butt burn??? ... need to know in case I pick up and old basket case and do some "modding" ... (actually ... I am buying up parts for a seriously deviant one-off and I think a tractor seat would just kick fanny) ...

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
RevBill said:
The Volusianator said:
Seriously [email protected], you just didn't bolt all that chit on from Oneida! 8)
... damn you ... ice tea all over the screen ...

MAC ... man I loved that old tractor seat ... what's the story man?? ... butt burn??? ... need to know in case I pick up and old basket case and do some "modding" ... (actually ... I am buying up parts for a seriously deviant one-off and I think a tractor seat would just kick fanny) ...
honestly, I just got a offer I couldnt refuse for that leather seat..........But in all honesty, the tractor seat was way more comfy,, with it being spring mounted it absorbed all the lil bumps and stuff, this leather seat sits right on the frame with steel tubing and my back is taking a pounding
I think I will be switching back and fourth between the 2
only takes 5 min to swao them

1 - 20 of 31 Posts