Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put V&H straighshots on my C50 and i rang a fella in Adelaide South Aussie and asked him about a K&N filter and power commander and then a dyno so i could get the max out of my bike and he said he re maps the GSX Suzuki so why not the C50 so i shouldn't need the power commander. Is this right he showed me this little computer thingy that will change the set up by minus 5 to plus 5 (i think that's right), he said that may be enough and i could possibly not have to worry about the PC . Has anyone else done this or at least know if this would work or is it not enough adjustment on the computer , would be interested in your thoughts .

Many Thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
wayne,
it can be done! The fi system on our bike is basicly the same thing as a gixxer's....with out getting too technical, this will work just fine but a power commander is better...reason being is that our bike runs lean on most of the power curve but it actually runs rich during some of it.....the power commander is the only way to actually optimize the fuel mixture across the power curve...a member here had this done and is happy with the results....good luck and pm me if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info that's what i was hoping to find out, now to decide whether to try that or go the whole hog!!

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Aussie C50 said:
Thanks for the info that's what i was hoping to find out, now to decide whether to try that or go the whole hog!!
if he is not charging you much, then it's worth a try....if it is free, then surely go for it...good luck and come back and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I went to three dealers around the area I live and was told it couldn't be done or they didn't have the equipment to do it. I spoke with the local regional Suzuki rep and he said he didn't think a dealer would do it because of emissions liabilities. The one member I know of that said he's been able to get the stock efi re-mapped was Chizy. He had some problems with his bike and in order to satisfy their customer they did it. I decided to go with the Dynajet efi model pc3. It worked great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts