Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How a 2 hour ride became a 6 hour adventure.
I enjoy reading about peoples rides and not politics so there is another of mine from Sunday.
Left out from West Tennessee and rode 191 to I40. 191 is a 4 star cycle road so not a bad way to start. Decided I wanted to take the long way to my rent home. Now the long way usually involves periods of not knowing where I am.
So went past the usual exits as I scooted toward Nashville and took 46S. Not sure about this next period but as I said the long way involves periods of not knowing where I am. Then I passed under the Trace and turned around and got on for a while. The Trace is always fun to ride and there was no one on it right then. Back off and looped around, saw a road called HayField road or sumthing like that. It was a nice two sometimes one lane road that climbed the edge of the rock hills. Cut into the side of the hills it followed a clear running creek. The trees overhead often closed over forming a tunnel that cause the sunlight to dapple the road. Though paved it had several potholes requiring me to go slow, as if I wasn't already, as I enjoyed the sights, sounds and smells of rural Tennessee. Came to a one lane bridge and stopped, letting the bike idle, to enjoy the creek. Water has always been a important part of my life. As a kid I fished, swam and chased country girls thru a creek just like this one. Then I noticed a truck behind me, he was sitting there, way back, patiently waiting for me to finish, Love country folk
Waved and got a smile and wave back, onward I went coming quickly to a better road which was Leapers Creek Road I knew where I was again, and I like it!! Setting off for Leapers Fork I had several Harleys fall in with me and we all ended up at the little County Store in Leapers Fork. Hearing music I managed to find a place to park sliding my Suzuki between a Shadow and an Electric Glide. The place was a jumping. I got a Sun Drop and enjoyed several songs and a little conversation but the road was a calling and onward again I went.
I love this area the juxtapositions are great! I saw a brand new Porsche 911 setting in a dusty hay field, an old rich guy in his new convertible Mercedes following a Wrecker out of Mad Max with “Possum Holler Wrecker” painted on the side, an old couple feeding their chickens beside their 1800’s home and next door a mansion with a bull head hanging on the porch the size of Texas. Here I recognize a beautiful lady I saw on TV getting into her 1950’s Pickup. There are polo fields and pig pens. If you are ever in the area I highly recommend getting off the Trace and ridin here (just get off where 46 crosses). The area is beautiulist houses, farms and wood fences with a rural twang.
I arrived in Franklin another favorite of mine after only a few minutes ride. Decided to follow 31S on home but first wanted to see downtown. After a loop I see a 31S sign and follow it, suddenly I am right back at downtown after making a loop J. So I forget the signs and let the Ghost find its head and away down 31S we go. After a couple more stops at Civil War sites I am almost home but decide I need one more detour and end up in Lynnville. Lynnville is a small town that is quaint. It has a really good burger joint with a great burger and tea for $5.00. I wandered around looking at all the history and finally left on the Ghost for home.
How blessed am I to be able to ride like this, just headed to my home away from home and had an experience that others wish to do.
I wished only for some other riders to share the good times withJ.

Ride safe but Ride!

·
Super Moderator
4,319 Posts
Had to reply to absolutely -no reply ride experience....Ride safe, but Ride...Noice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts