Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awaiting delivery of a Garmin 2595LMT GPS. This is a 5 inch screen unit and will replace a 4.3 inch screen unit so I'm guessing my current cradle will not fit my new GPS.

I have handlebar mount with a garmin 17mm ball . I want a cradle that fits my new GPS and the old ball.

It appears as if all cradles now fit the ram ball or am I missing something ?

Anybody else run into this and found a solution ?

·
Registered
988 Posts
If it's a 17mm ball your standard Garmin cradle that comes with your new GPS "should" fit. I have 3 different model Garmins and they all fit. If you get a snug fit you should be fine. My 4 inch screen holds well but my 5 inch models will move if I hit bumpy roads. I don't trust the OEM Garmin cradles anymore for the bike and am looking to by the standard ram mount and model specific Ram cradle.

·
Registered
23,553 Posts
I have a ram mount from nfauls on fleabay specifically for my model garmin and have had no problems at all. It too is a handlebar mount.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's a 17mm ball your standard Garmin cradle that comes with your new GPS "should" fit. I have 3 different model Garmins and they all fit. If you get a snug fit you should be fine. My 4 inch screen holds well but my 5 inch models will move if I hit bumpy roads. I don't trust the OEM Garmin cradles anymore for the bike and am looking to by the standard ram mount and model specific Ram cradle.
Ordered gps from Amazon and in the part of "what's in the box" it does not mention a cradle, but I assume there is one ?

If so and if it's for a 17mm ball I'm golden.

·
Administrator
6,244 Posts
In the box for my older Garmin was a cradle/holder to stick onto a car window with a suction cup, but I had to buy the RAM-mount holder separately. Of course, YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.