Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Many have canceled due to rain. Be sure to read last posts in this thread before heading out.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: We need someone to plan Saturday's ride. I am not going to be back in Florida until 5/7 late afternoon so I cannot possibly plan the ride in time for the next weekend. If no one steps up, we will have to take the same ride on Saturday as we do on Friday. I can live with that, but can the rest of you??? lol

I am going to look into scheduling a MayBay rally for the same weekend this May as originally planned... May 15 - 18. Arrive Thursday May 15, ride on Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th, go home on Sunday the 18th. I would like to know how many think they might be able to make it at this late date. I don't need a firm committment, but I need a ballpark number so I can try to find a motel. It will remain a "dive" establishment so that I don't complete with the Yankee. There will be nothing special. Just a bunch of friends (small bunch or large bunch) getting together to share in the bond of riding.

I plan to find a place, if possible, on Monday. So please, weigh in here before then to let me know if you think you would be able to make it.

UPDATE: ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE.
http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=582

Americans Best Value Inn
980 Pleasant Street, Rt. 102
Lee, MA 01238
413 243-0501

Rates:
Single Queen $62.50 plus tax
Two Doubles $65.00 plus tax
Ask for Sam (woman) when making reservation and tell them you are with VR Riders Group

Cancellation policy - 48 hours
Deposit 50% when booking
Includes continental breakfast.

Will put all of our rooms on the same side of the hotel so we won't bother anyone. Please let me know when you book so I can track who is going to be there. Also, need to know if you want to all go together for dinner at local restaurants (I can make reservations once I know who is in - or at least call ahead) or you want to all be on your own.

Please make reservations soon since we are already halfway through March.

Who can work on arranging the rides for Friday and Saturday? I won't be returning to MA until the first week in May so I will not be able to do it.

Finally, thanks to Chris Woodswomen for the suggested hotel!

Hotel Booked:

Tena & Steve - Funbikerchick (Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights)
DCinCT - (Fri, & Sat nights)
Peter69 - (Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights)
RellaLou - (Fri, & Sat nights)
Capt Cruiser and MMMagic Fingers (Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights)
Max06362 & Jeff (Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights)
CortJester (Fri, & Sat nights)
Elmoann (Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights)
Larry & Michele (Tena's friends) (Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights)
Vortex1x (Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights)

·
Administrator
16,300 Posts
Michelle and I are in

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
add me to the list.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Count me in.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have made arrangements for with a hotel in Lee. Please see original post for update.

·
Super Moderator
8,878 Posts
Finally, thanks to Chris Woodswomen for the suggested hotel!
Glad to help some, even though I won't be able to attend myself.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I did not check the place out in person. I found it online, saw lots of chairs in the photos, saw it advertised truck parking (which usually means plenty of flat pavement), saw the prices were low, and saw that it got not-bad reviews on TripAdvisor (except for people who expect the Taj Mahal for 70 bucks a night.)

I hope it'll serve well as Rally Central for a couple of nights. :)

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it should be fine! The MayBay is traditionally not held at the better establishments any way and I like it that way. It makes if affordable and not competitive with the Yankee Rally!

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Tena, not going to make it, but I checked the hotel site, they list the rate for a Queen Bed at $58/night + tax, which could have been booked at this price right now. Looks like you got a rate of $62.50 + tax ??

Make sure they don't pull a fast one on you ;) Have fun, y'all !!!

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ll I know is what they quoted me and told me the group rate was. Maybe the price you see on the web page is a winter rate and the rates are different in May. Anyone who wants to book and argue the price is welcome to do so. When you call, ask for Sam and then complain about the price difference. If you don't book as one of our group your room won't be with us.

·
Super Moderator
57,494 Posts
I won't be coming but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week and picked up a nice lightweight Harley jacket yesterday.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts