Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Counter to what many want, I am looking for ideas on a set of 3rd party exhaust pipes for my bike. I can't say the ones that came with it have not been modified since I purchased it used. The bike runs fine and is fun to ride, however the sound grates on my nerves.

Anyone have thoughts on a new set that would be less loud?

Thanks
Cec

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,336 Posts
Looking at the pic, they look like stock pipes. Honestly, I'm not sure of any aftermarket pipes that are actually quieter than the stock. Usually people buying aftermarket are looking to go the other direction. Hopefully someone here might have some ideas for you.

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
Based on the pic, you bought a bike with stock pipes, but if you are concerned about it being too loud, the previous owner might have modified them. Most owners will drill out the baffles in the back and punch through the rensonnator to try to make their bike louder. Others will take a hole saw and actually cut out the baffles all together. Unfortunately, these modifications are permanent and cannot be undone without access to welding equipment. The good news is the stock pipes are significantly quieter than modified or gutted pipes and generally available to the community at little to no cost. Check out the swap meet section and post a WTB for stock pipes. When I sold mine, I had the guy just pay for shipping.

When you get the replacements, you only need to replace the muffler end. There is no need to drop the header pipe from the engine.

·
Registered
19,423 Posts
If you could have waited till spring, someone would have probably given them to you for free. But I'm happy to hear that you're on your way back to peace and quiet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts