Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen innumerable posting talking about pipes and their sound. Can one and all chime in on which performance brand the is QUIETEST! On the whole, I don’t care for load pipes, but still want a performance increase. Any input?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
probably the "quietest" aftermarkets I have heard on the Vol are the roadhouse....they are still quite a bit louder than the stock, but no where near the volume of the V&H's or HK's

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
You're not going to get any performance increase from an aftermarket exhaust system. If you are looking to increase perfomance and have quiet pipes, you might as well save the money and keep the stock pipes. For performance, go with a K&N airfilter or unifilter. The other option would be an aftermarket airkit to replace the stock airbox.

·
Super Moderator
56,243 Posts
Stitch said:
You're not going to get any performance increase from an aftermarket exhaust system. If you are looking to increase perfomance and have quiet pipes, you might as well save the money and keep the stock pipes. For performance, go with a K&N airfilter or unifilter. The other option would be an aftermarket airkit to replace the stock airbox.
Along with that you will need a rejet or a fuel processor if you have fuel injection.Not only for performance but also for your bike to run properly.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
beezer said:
Stitch said:
Along with that you will need a rejet or a fuel processor if you have fuel injection.Not only for performance but also for your bike to run properly.
Right! I forgot to mention that. It's the combination of both the rejet/fuel processor and air kit that gives the performance boost. One does not work without the other.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate your input. What you have prescribed, was my intended plan. I am going to put a K & N filter in the football, add a Power Commander III to remap/adjust the FI (this is a C50). With the increased input airflow the next bottleneck (as far as airflow is concerned) would be the exhaust. Hence my question, which is the quietest performance exhaust? After these upgrades goodies, the next logical path to increased airflow through the engine would be to port and polish the heads. But at that point I would elected to get a bike with a larger engine.

That all being said, Does anyone have more suggestions for Quiet Pipes?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Aside from the ROADHOUSE 2-1's I don't think there are any that would be anywhere near quiet.

There have been independent tests and with correct jetting, the Roadhouse pipes generated the most HP increase of any pipes tested, the Jardines were the lowest.

~S

·
Super Moderator
4,280 Posts
Quiet please

Quiet on the set, please..... :shock: Like they say "theirs no replacement for displacement" The stock pipes is "quiet" enough and looks great :roll: , but that football has to go.... :arrow: Good luck :!: :!: :?:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I have Jardine Slashcuts, and they are the quitest aftermarket pipes that I've heard... the Roadhouse 2-to-1 may be quieter... I dunno.

Take this for what it is... REVIEW. It's a review of some pipes from different companies.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I agree with what is being said. I haven't heard of quieter pipes then the stock pipes. New air cleaner and rejet will get you the boost you want.

Have fun with it though. Take your pipes off tonight. Just undo the bolts at the baffles and then ride around the neighborhood, you will have to choke out a bit to keep her going and then come back and slip your pipes back on. My guess you won't have any issues anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts