Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard or tried these out as i found the pipes a bit loud(i can't believe some of you ride around with the baffles out)and wanted to see if theres a reasonable difference in it .Currently i have wrapped them in the bike muffler fiberglass which has helped and also takes the slight hollow sound out and gives it a little deeper rumble, but i would be interested in any feed back on a set of those in both sound and performance.

BTW do these pipes settle down and quiet up a bit or do they get louder

Many Thanks

Wayne

·
Registered
602 Posts
Aussie C50 said:
BTW do these pipes settle down and quiet up a bit or do they get louder

Many Thanks

Wayne
That will all depend on the packing you have in the pipe. I really like the sound with the glass in there.

I bought mine used and they came with another set of baffles INSIDE the original baffles. Basically the guy bought a baffle that was just slightly smaller than the originals. He took out the original and slid the smaller one in from the front...it was a tight fit.

That was way too quite for me, but I do agree that they sound like crap without the baffles. For me it's about the tone and not sheer volume that makes the sound.

You could try taking the baffle and welding a small washer inside it...may quiet it down some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts