Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you like to go to the rifle range here's a simple, in-expensive and safe way to attach a rifle case to the side of your Volusia/C50. Now you can enjoy two of your favorite hobbies at once, ridin' that bike and shootin' that rifle! (But PLEASE, not at the same time.) :wink:

This following pic shows the rifle case handle attachment point. Buy a metal spring loaded key clip and a rubber grommit. Drill the proper size hole in the flange at the back of the tank, insert the grommit, then the spring key clip.

This next picture is the front case loop attachment. Drill a small hole thru the cast metal footpeg mount. Just big enough for a tie wrap is all you need. Loop a tie wrap thru the hole and the loop on the end of the rifle case. NOTE: My pegs are moved forward 3 inches. If yours are in the stock location, you will have to "customize" this step a little.

After tie wrapping the loop shove the case forward until it nestles snuggly in the peg mount.

And there ya have it. It rides securely, doesn't move around, enough leg room and foot room, works out pretty good! As an added precaution, I put masking tape on the bike where ever the case rubs so the finish isn't scuffed.

Enjoy! :wink:

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Misunderstood said:
You could KEEP the rifle on the bike, hoping to scare the cat away. :lol:

AWWW MAN!! THAT is FUNNY. :D :D :D
.....yer giving me some ideas 8)

·
Administrator
53,914 Posts
I've been thinking about taking a rifle to the range instead of handguns for a change. Maybe I'll try your method for MC transport one of these trips. :wink:

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Psyc0 said:
I've been thinking about taking a rifle to the range instead of handguns for a change. Maybe I'll try your method for MC transport one of these trips. :wink:
Hiya PsycO... I've done an hour of high speed freeway time with this rig and it stays put. I would like to sling the butt end lower but the saddlebags prevent it. There's enough leg room though. You don't feel cramped.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Haft attatch the muzzle end a littl differently cause of floorbord. Don't have pegs.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boxwrench said:
Haft attatch the muzzle end a littl differently cause of floorbord. Don't have pegs.
You'll figure something out, Boxwrench. I just know you can! :wink:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
well ....one case dosn't hafta be too long. A LAR-15 isn't too long.

Thought about making leather. Untill I found how much a 1/4 hide tool leather costs now....ouch!

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boxwrench said:

Thought about making leather. Untill I found how much a 1/4 hide tool leather costs now....ouch!
You know how Homer Simpson starts drooling when he sees a doughnut? Thats how I feel when when I hear LAR-15. Woah.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Boxwrench said:

Just pop the upper off the lower on an AR and put in a gym bag. 2 pieces are much more compact and it only takes seconds to reassemble.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Windburn Bill said:
Boxwrench said:

You know how Homer Simpson starts drooling when he sees a doughnut? Thats how I feel when when I hear LAR-15. Woah.

heavy barrel w/ picatiney mini rail and bipod.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Last year when I was skeet shooting every weekend I was thinking about hard mounting a bracket holster between the fender and the bags to hold a shotgun... I might have to start thinking about that again... other other option I thought of was cutting a small hole through the center of the windshield and mounting the gun on the tank, bars and shield... thought I might get too much attention... ;)

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Always thought it would be cool to re-finish a bike to look like a WW II military issue camoflauge harley davidson.....right down to the mil issue leather rifle case strapped to the fork with the butt of a thompson .45 machine gun sticking out of it.
Man, would you get some looks on that one!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The new modern army, ehh? I'm sure it's a much better battlefield bike but I the looks of the 'ol military Harley better.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Windburn Bill said:
Always thought it would be cool to re-finish a bike to look like a WW II military issue camoflauge harley davidson.....right down to the mil issue leather rifle case strapped to the fork with the butt of a thompson .45 machine gun sticking out of it.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boxwrench said:
Windburn Bill said:
Now your talkin'. Thats the bike to model my WWII Volusia mil bike after. Just need that Thompson strapped to the front and I Be Stylin'.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts

Indian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts