Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a tip if you are looking for a quick easy way to get your paint and chrome shiny is to use Windex or an equivalent glass cleaner and a cotton rag. Just spray it right on you bike and wipe it clean. It will give you good shine and will clean away bugs, road goo, and most other things.

·
Registered
114 Posts
it does contain amonia though which can dry some surfaces out...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like what can it dry out? I only use it on hard sufaces.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Lemon Pledge wipes or spray works great and won't damage any surface.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Breaker said:
Lemon Pledge wipes or spray works great and won't damage any surface.[/quote

lemon pledge is the worst you can use, it collects dust and creates a residue. Used it on my truck and it looked unbelievable for the first 2 days and nothing but trouble after that. I wouldn't ever recomend it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found another glass cleaner that dosen't have amonia in it. It still works great. Its a knock-off brand. Glass Plus I think.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I use Pledge Clean and Shine. A crop duster pilot/riding partner told me that's what crop dusters use on their windshields. Works great, disolves bugs, fills the fine scratches, and makes the windshield look almost new. I use it with a clean Harbor Freight red cotton shop rag.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Don't use the windex on your windshield or it will make it cloudy. Stick to the Lemon Pledge as others have mentioned. It's inexpensive and works great. You can also buy the wipes and keep them in your saddle bags for quick wipe downs on the road.

·
Registered
120 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts