Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the wife are heading through West Virginia vi the new river gorge area in june going over to the BRP and then back across West Virginia on rt 33 and on home to Ohio. I know W VA is a helmet law state but in its laws it says helmets must have reflective stuff on the helmet. Do they really inforce this?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
As an old and still present WV citizen (I still have a house near Terra Alta) I can say that WV is a haven for bikers. It is very rare to meet a policemen on back road. It is almost impossible. No any restriction and limitations. I do not mean a bog cityes as Morgantown for example.

·
Registered
73 Posts
? 4 WV riders?

No reflective stuff on my helmet or any othre riders I've passed or ride with. Pass state and local law enforcement all the time and I live out in the boonies with a police barracks less than 5 mi. from me.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We will be coming through Point Pleasant coming and going. Ive been all over W Va but never on a bike. cant wait. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
... and take lots of quarters ... LOL ... gees I have never seen so many toll boothes ...

... maybe the residents can guide you on this one actually ... but it seems like every road in WV has toll boothes ...

·
Premium Member
17,308 Posts
andrushok said:
As an old and still present WV citizen (I still have a house near Terra Alta) I can say that WV is a haven for bikers. It is very rare to meet a policemen on back road. It is almost impossible. No any restriction and limitations. I do not mean a bog cityes as Morgantown for example.
I have found the same thing. I still have a house in Randolph County WV (Norton) and it's one of the best places in the country to ride if you like twisties and beautiful rugged mountain scenery. They will nail you for speeding though I've found that out on more than one occasion. :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tolls that I know of are only on I-77 south of charleston. Try the Pa turnpike now there are some tolls. :cry:

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
johbren said:
The tolls that I know of are only on I-77 south of charleston. Try the Pa turnpike now there are some tolls. :cry:
Naa...Having driven all of them, Florida is worse!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Big Pete said:
andrushok said:
I have found the same thing. I still have a house in Randolph County WV (Norton) and it's one of the best places in the country to ride if you like twisties and beautiful rugged mountain scenery. They will nail you for speeding though I've found that out on more than one occasion. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Shoot, I was born in Elkins, my grandmother lived in Parsons, until the flood took her out....she was fine, just the house my Great grand father bought......it survived.....

You're right about the roads in WV......go up to Thomas/Davis and see Blackwater Falls......and the ski resort!!!

If you want to take a swim...stop at Mt. Storm...the lake is always warm and very clear!!!!

dan :D

·
Premium Member
17,308 Posts
Baltimorebayside said:
Big Pete said:
andrushok said:
Shoot, I was born in Elkins, my grandmother lived in Parsons, until the flood took her out....she was fine, just the house my Great grand father bought......it survived.....

You're right about the roads in WV......go up to Thomas/Davis and see Blackwater Falls......and the ski resort!!!

If you want to take a swim...stop at Mt. Storm...the lake is always warm and very clear!!!!

dan :D
I remember that flood in Parsons it was a bad one. I ride through there all the time. I take the kids and grand kids over to swim at Mt. Storm several times a year. I love that warm water. :D It's good fishing to. Yep the Tomas/Davis area is great and Blackwater Falls is beautiful. When I was a kid my grand parents would take me over there to pick huckel berrys. :D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually the bridges in New York city are the worst tolls on Earth.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Jersey, baby! You gotta love a state that lets you in free, but charges you if you wanna get out!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts