Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a later model FL outer fairing mounted and noticed the other day while riding in a bit of a rain shower that the rain drops were moving forward (towards the windshield). I have noticed that the wind blows on the back of my neck now (vacuum behind the shield?).

Now for the "question". I have noticed that I can now smell exhaust (particularly while down shifting). I have relatively short exhaust so any suction from the fairing could make it noticeable. Has anyone else using a fairing noticed anything like this?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Duffy said:
I have a later model FL outer fairing mounted and noticed the other day while riding in a bit of a rain shower that the rain drops were moving forward (towards the windshield). I have noticed that the wind blows on the back of my neck now (vacuum behind the shield?).

Now for the "question". I have noticed that I can now smell exhaust (particularly while down shifting). I have relatively short exhaust so any suction from the fairing could make it noticeable. Has anyone else using a fairing noticed anything like this?
I feel the same wind from the back as well, but I don't smell any exhaust to speak of. I have V&H Cruzers. I also have lowers below the fairing as well, don't know how much that would make a difference at slow speeds though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts