Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 volusia------i debaffled last week and tonight i got rid of mickey, just wondering what i should do next. i like it loud..... thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot but have another question?

If i drill some holes in the third plate, would it make a difference (what size) ???

dont have the bucks right now to get new pipes !!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just take 'em out completely...I drilled holes in mine about a week after I did the baffles and killed mickey, three 1/2" holes to be exact, and it still didn't sound anywhere near as good as today after I totally gutted the stockers. Well worth the extra effort. They come out just like mickey.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is the same sounds as far as deep tone, but a definite increase in volume. IMHO.
I have a sound clip if you want to hear it. PM me your e-mail.
I don't know how to attach it here.
Mic

·
Registered
7 Posts
M50

I have taken the 3rd plate out and noticed there is a 4th plate way back up there where the pipe gets smaller. I hope we are all taking about the same plates...

This is the order I did mine....

1st plate removed
baffle removed
2nd plate (mickey) removed
3rd plate (after mickey) removed
4th plate still in place

Is this where you guys are when you talk about 3rd plate removed?

Just installed the TCI FI controller for $189. Works great, the bike was really starving for fuel after these removals. Cant believe the difference in how the bike handles now. This FI controller adjust under load so full throttles and going up hill are great now! Lots of power and sound.

·
Registered
243 Posts
On my pipes, there were only 3 plates-the endplate, the mickey plate with the baffle tube attached to the endplate, and then a plate about another 10 inches or so further down past the mickey...after that, there is a tapered reduction to the head pipe diameter...no other plates.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The fully gutted stockers are my favorite sounding...when dealing with the varios stages of debaffling.

If you are looking for some great sound and a little performance boost, it's definitely the way to go. Especially considering the free price!

IF you want more performance, then you just can't beat a set of aftermarket pipes. The larger diameter headpipes are where the gain is. (Assuming you have already rejetted and changed to a hi-flow air filter)

I'm not bashing debaffling...I've done that also, but just letting others know that there is more power available if you have the extra money to spend.

·
Premium Member
7,166 Posts
Gosh, mine is just debaffled and it is loud, I can't imagine the sound, and the loudness of all of those plates taken out!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am getting ready to debaffle, do I automatically have to re-jet?? What happens if I don't??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts