Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only owned my bike about 6 months, a 2005 C50, and decided today to find out what the shock spring was set to. Is this at the 4 setting or the 5 setting?

[/url]
C50 Shock by Milkhouse Studio, on Flickr[/IMG]

If I want to set the bike up for passengers, should I leave it or bump it up a notch?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Papa,
Thanks for the post. I bought an owners manual from the local dealer and it was helpful. I think the previous owner has adjusted the setting to 5, but wanted another opinion.

Your photo brings up another question though. This is a copy from my book. The text is the same but the numbers in the diagram are backwards.

manual page by Milkhouse Studio, on Flickr

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey good catch. I posted the pic from the electronic version I have. So I went and verified what my hard copy for my 2008 said, and it matches up with yours. The e-book I have says K9 on the back cover to it must be for 2009.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. My owners manual (K9) showns the left to right 1 -7 but it never made any sense to me since the Clymer manual says to turn the ring counterclockwise to increase preload. The 7-1 left to right that you've posted sonnyf16 clears that up.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts