Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still trying get onto the Vulcan forum but in the meantime I thought I'd ask the knowledgable people here, Vuclan and non-Vulcan (er, human?:mrgreen:) for some expert advice.

Here is a pic of my engine. In the center of the pic is a clip(?) that has nothing attached to it. What is this 'clip' for??

Here is the underside of the bike on the same side (left side). What are these
holes for? I have cobra pipes on so I am guessing it is for the "goat bladder" but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
The holes aren't for the goats bladder, they are for the second voltage regulator. Some bikes had them there instead of up front with the other one. Mine was there originally until I moved it up front (there is a space for two). I made a different mount and that's where I have my tool bag.........you can see it here on the Drifter.

and here is what I put in it's place when I moved it.

I don't know what the clip is, my Classic doesn't seem to have one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The clip once held a tag which the dealer removed.

The goats bladder was mounted using those holes. The regulator would've been down closer to the oil filter. In fact, I had to move the regulator to change the oil filter on a Meanstreak.

The Nomads never had a regulator down there and the classics were relocated to the front at some point.

Try going to VROC.org for information. You don't have to be a member, and the archives have close to 20 years of information.

MT

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
Bolt holes for the goats bladder are on the inside of the frame and much larger, these holes are on the outside (I still say voltage regulator).

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
In my Nomad owner's manual it says that the clip is a ground connection point. If you need to give the bike a boost it is better to connect the negative cable clamp on it, rather than directly on the battery post.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your replies. I'll have to buy a Clymer manual for my Vulcan Classic someday soon, it's probably the same one for the Nomad and MeanStreak. MAS Tequila, I'll check out VROC.org, I've been on the Vulcan Baggers website, but more info is always better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts