·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use this for their phones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one like it. Phone Holder It works well, just make sure when you put your phone on it to push the corners in to make sure it is held in tight.

Anyone use this for their phones?

·
Administrator
16,708 Posts
Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
34,437 Posts
I used to have an X-Grip and lost a phone because I didn't take the time to put that rubber web on it. It was way too awkward to use. I upgraded to the Quick-Grip and am much happier.

RAM Mounts Quick-Grip XL Phone Holder with Ball RAM-HOL-PD4-238AU with B Size 1" Ball

https://a.co/d/51KjMT1

Musical instrument Font String instrument Auto part Metal

·
Administrator
16,708 Posts
Back in 2014 it never came with that rubber strap. Never had an issue with mine.

Lots of options out there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I used to have an X-Grip and lost a phone because I didn't take the time to put that rubber web on it. It was way too awkward to use. I upgraded to the Quick-Grip and am much happier.

RAM Mounts Quick-Grip XL Phone Holder with Ball RAM-HOL-PD4-238AU with B Size 1" Ball

https://a.co/d/51KjMT1

View attachment 150926

I second this recommendation.

I've been using one for many years without a single issue.

·
Super Moderator
34,437 Posts
Back in 2014 it never came with that rubber strap. Never had an issue with mine.

Lots of options out there.
I rode for hundreds of miles without the strap. Got complacent. It was never an issue for me, until it was. Phone just flew off of the mount and whizzed by my head. To be fair, this was on my Duke, which is a naked bike. If you've got a fairing, probably a different story. Still, the Quick-Grip is easier to get the phone in and out of.

·
Super Moderator
26,146 Posts
got a better solution...leave the phone in your saddlebag...if you're using it for a gps... just do the Ali/Frazier Thrilla in Manila... rotating rights and lefts till you eventually get to your destination...its about the ride...life has gotten to complicated with this need for the phone to always be on. Breaking your balls of course, you'll never hear me complaining when you lead a ride either...which by the way, weather here in New England still very riding friendly. Bring your phone and lets get together for lunch.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
going with the q-mount, was on sale yesterday. funny how ambivalent i've become to buy anything somewhere else than amazon..where i can't get in ten minutes or return because wind changed direction. guess i'm the definition of a target demographic. sad state of affairs for sure.
dennis, always a pleasure to lead you guys on a ride...or following. i've learned a lot from riding with you and pete. having a good handlebar attachment will make those side of the road pullovers a lot quicker as i get us reoriented.
how's that Black Friday Ride post coming along, eh?

·
Super Moderator
26,146 Posts
funny you should mention that...tried to post and was informed I needed to sign into google before it would go thru...didn't have a google acct so made one...figured it would allow the post to go thru but instead went thru as a new poster...see above...tried again to post on my regular dcinct and then it went thru so i deleted the other post...think Beezer has something to do with it...guy has absolutely no life at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts