1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Thanks dude, it only affects those who have 14' or '15. I got an '11, man has it been that long...wow...I'm really impressed with myself :lol:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
I think it's impressive that they sold 105,746 touring motorcycles in 2014.

Good on Harley for identifying the problems and getting the recalls going quickly.

Lu - 2011, WTF, your slacking.......2015 is your year.

Reactions: sweetlu

·
Administrator
29,813 Posts
Does it affect mine :)

Reactions: sweetlu

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I hope they get them all fixed before someone gets hurt. That's a lot of clutches.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It started with the Rushmore bikes that have fairings on 2014 models to current. On the 14 and 15 bikes with fairings they blessed the bikes with hydraulic clutches, the master cylinder for SOME of these clutches have an issue as under certain case the oring can wear and prevent the clutch from working, they thought they had a fix but now on the second recall for the same issue, seems like they are going to replace the master clutch cylinder for some of these bikes.

From what I understand even Harley is unsure about how many bikes are affected as it was more the way the master cylinder was machined. If you own one I suppose you can insist on them replacing the master cylinder.

I have a 14 Road King, even though its a Rushmore bike, it does not have a fairing and wasn't blessed with a hydraulic clutch, I have the standard heavy duty cable and I am glad!

I don't take this as a flame or knock on Harley, recalls happen on new bikes. I am absolutely thrilled with this bike. Never owned or rode a Road King before, I'm shocked how quiet and smooth this bike runs and sounds, I had to get used to it as it was sooooo smooth it was making my wife and I sleepy. Im not kidding! I can cruise at 80 mph with the cruise control on, in sixth gear and the darn engine is humming along at a leisurely 3040 RPM, no need to downshift on hills or passing, darn thing just has torque for anything in my speed range.

·
Registered
21,173 Posts
It is fantastic that Harley is so on-the-spot with this recall. Getting it taken care of quickly is high praise indeed for their customer service. Unlike some Asian manufacturers that refuse to acknowledge problems with their bikes, regardless of the number of people suffering the same failures....

·
Super Moderator
65,634 Posts
It started with the Rushmore bikes that have fairings on 2014 models to current. On the 14 and 15 bikes with fairings they blessed the bikes with hydraulic clutches, the master cylinder for SOME of these clutches have an issue as under certain case the oring can wear and prevent the clutch from working, they thought they had a fix but now on the second recall for the same issue, seems like they are going to replace the master clutch cylinder for some of these bikes.

From what I understand even Harley is unsure about how many bikes are affected as it was more the way the master cylinder was machined. If you own one I suppose you can insist on them replacing the master cylinder.

I have a 14 Road King, even though its a Rushmore bike, it does not have a fairing and wasn't blessed with a hydraulic clutch, I have the standard heavy duty cable and I am glad!

I don't take this as a flame or knock on Harley, recalls happen on new bikes. I am absolutely thrilled with this bike. Never owned or rode a Road King before, I'm shocked how quiet and smooth this bike runs and sounds, I had to get used to it as it was sooooo smooth it was making my wife and I sleepy. Im not kidding! I can cruise at 80 mph with the cruise control on, in sixth gear and the darn engine is humming along at a leisurely 3040 RPM, no need to downshift on hills or passing, darn thing just has torque for anything in my speed range.
Time to change your sig pic. Get that fancy Road King pic in there ;)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
:wayhappy:The thought crosses my mind everyday and attempting it now, thing is, I made a few changes to the bike, seat and windshield, so if I can get this thing uploaded, its already out of date.

Ah ha.... !!!! got it, but will have to update it soon, took off the stock seat, then put a Mustang on, that didnt work for me so bought a different Mustang seat, that didnt work for me so I bought a Harley Sundowner seat, that was pretty good but not good enough so bought a Saddlemen Explorer Ultimate Comfort, oh thank god, it works perfect for me! I went through 4 seats before finding the perfect seat for me which was the 5th seat, sold the OEM and SUndowner on Ebay, returned two Mustangs.

But because the Explorer is a thicker higher seat I had to get a larger windshield, got a Cbailys two inches higher, works perfect, oh and lets not forget the Harley Fork Deflectors, so anyway, got to update the photo of the photo I just updated during this post.:wayhappy:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Thanks Viper, Im really enjoying it, though, the weather here has been shaky at best on the weekends! Ugh ... frustrating, cool wet fall here, way to much rain on the weekends but ...
anyway ... I have to get an updated photo soon, since the photo I put front fork deflectors, aslightly larger windshield on and new seat.

I dont plan on doing many mods, certainly will not be playing around with the engine set up, has more power and torque then I will ever need or want and part of this purchase to me was drawing the line and not spending any more money on it, except for odds and ends.

... Beezer, though I do not think of myself as having a "bad back" there are certain situations for some reason that a lot of jarring and lack of support can cause my back to ache when in one place for an hour or more at a time and unable to move around but think that may be a lot of people *L* .. not sure why but just is, anyway, when done just right, like I FINALLY just did I can sit in one place riding for hours without any discomfort.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.