Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to 'window shop' a lot online for bike parts -- even for bikes I don't own, and parts I don't need. ;) It helps me survive the winter.

While doing this, I recently tripped across a killer deal from Twisted Throttle on a large motorcycle top case. It was a reputable European brand, and cost me a mere $100 shipped. Sweet!!

However, when it arrived the case had a tendency to be difficult to latch. I had to practically slam it to make it latch. Hmm. So I contacted Twisted Throttle, and described the problem. I exchanged e-mail with customer support, and even sent photos. 'That's not right, and we'd like to try and fix it,' they said, promptly providing me with a prepaid FedEx label to ship the case back to them. What a nice surprise; I was sure I'd have to shell out for return shipping costs!

A little time went by, and Twisted Throttle sent me the case back. 'We replaced the latch mechanism,' the customer support rep told me. Nice!

Except ... as repaired the darned thing didn't want to unlatch. It was so sticky that when I went to mount the case on my bike last weekend, I couldn't get it open to reach the mounting parts wrapped inside.

Back to my computer keyboard I went, and told customer support by e-mail that I was not satisfied with the repaired case, and asked if I could return it for a refund. Within half an hour, I had been sent a return merchandise authorization, and yet another prepaid FedEx shipping label.

Although my killer deal did not work out as I had hoped, I am very impressed by Twisted Throttle's focus on customer satisfaction. My first experience doing business with that company will not be my last! I like to reward outfits that treat people this well.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I wish I got service like that when I was dealing with Viking Bags! It was impossible dealing with "Frank". What took you "hours" took me "months"!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts