Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to change out my stock seat and I'm torn between the predator seat and the granucci hale bop seat. I like the looks of the hale bop a little more but the predator looks a lot more comfortable for both driver and passenger. Does anybody have experience with either or possibly both of these seats that can comment on comfort? I know there's a couple threads on both these seats just looking for some fresh opinions. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hale Bop here, as far as comfort goes I would say its ok. Yes after a good hour you'll start to get a little numb/sore. But usually after about an hour or so I am ready to pull over and stretch the legs, stand up and get something to drink anyways. I do a 30 min ride to work every day and have no issues at all with it. It sits a lot lower than the stock seat and almost cups you into the bike. You can actually rest your lower back on the hump somewhat, bars and arms allowing. I like it for looks mainly, comforts ok, but the cupping lower feel of it is great. I've done a 4.5 hr ride on it, stopping here and there 6 hrs if you count the stops without any issues. Hope that helps some, its all going to depend on the feel. I think the best thing you could do is find someone with the seat locally and go sit on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How tall of a guy are you if you don't mind me asking I'm about 6 feet wondering if the lower seating position cause any knee problems

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I am 5'10", I bought some forward controls for it though because of the seating position. It wasn't uncomfortable but it bugged me a little, I wanted more of a stretched out feel to it especially since I was sitting a little lower. I would definitely suggest johns forward control kit though, not necessarily needed but definately a great addition/upgrade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would sell mine or better yet do a trade. I have an older Grannucci. Showing some age, but a real looker. I'm just switching to more of a bagger look for my bike and gonna get a bigger seat. Especially looking for stock get seat, but would consider stock seat and a little cash my way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts