Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Administrator
6,145 Posts
So when will that procedure take place? Right away?

·
Super Moderator
63,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wanda just call me back to let me know that Dave saw three doctors already today and his stats are improving and he's going to eat the first time in about three weeks they're going to give him some food and he had some ice water and he's happy about that.

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Oh, wow. I really hope he isn't getting a whipple. That's what my wife had to remove the tumor in her pancreas, and it's easily the toughest surgery I've ever seen someone go through. I'll be praying for him. 🙏💜

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
There are apparently a lot of blood vessels that run through the pancreas. They can't remove the head of the pancreas without severing the vessels, so along with the head they remove the gallbladder and duodenum, which are fed by those vessels. After they do that, they connect the end of the intestines to the remainder of the pancreas, then cut a hole in it and attach the stomach a bit downstream.

Here's a video a surgeon made using playdough to demonstrate it.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Prayers up!! For you and your family.

·
Super Moderator
63,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I just called Wanda. She said the other day Dave's heart rate was up so they moved him into the cardiac unit to better monitor him. His feet are swollen and his bad back hurts which is to be expected. He really hasn't eaten any solid food to speak of for weeks. They tried feeding him small chunks of food today but his throat is too sore to swallow. They put a port in to give him his meds and most likely nourishment. They've been pushing on his stomach and whatever they do to check his pancreas. Next week he'll be going for another CT Scan for the pancreas. She said he's been subdued which is not really like him. He's usually full of life and excitable from what I remember in the times we've met.
She seems upbeat and is taking it all in stride. She told him she's adding salt to the pool and he was happy it's being looked after. Wanda's a real sweetheart and naturally looking forward to him coming home.

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
I'm praying for Dave as hard as I can.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Prayers up!! For Dave and his family.

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
The latest news is much appreciated, Beez. Thanks for keeping in touch with Wanda.

Hope Dave knows we're all pulling for and praying for him.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Prayers up again!!

·
Administrator
16,555 Posts
Prayers continued.....what's the latest news Beeze?

·
Super Moderator
63,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Dave is still in the hospital. He really hasn't eaten much since he's not pleased with their food. It appears as soon as the swelling in his hands, feet, and legs go down he'll be able to go home where Wanda can prepare food to his liking. He's been craving tender vegetables.

·
Super Moderator
30,467 Posts
Thanks for the update. We'll keep up the prayers. 🙏💜

21 - 40 of 82 Posts