·
Administrator
16,551 Posts
Prayers heading out for Doug and family

Reactions: duglaura

·
Super Moderator
23,800 Posts
prayers heading his way...keep us posted Bob if you hear anything.

·
Super Moderator
9,280 Posts
Oh no! That's not cool, at all!

Gladly praying for dear Doug!!

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
I’m so sorry to hear this. Praying for the best possible outcome! Sending my love!

·
Super Moderator
63,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From all outward appearances Sister Moo's son Adam may have the same thing and diagnosed around the same time :(

He needs prayer too!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I've been trying to figure out how to reply to this. I'm not a religious man so I'm not gonna say I'll pray. If He exists He wouldn't want to hear what I have to say anyway. This hits me hard.
I had 2 brothers. I loved them both. One of them is a piece of shit. The other was one of the best men I ever knew. His name was Doug. He had leukemia.
You know, if I get lung cancer from smoking, or ass cancer from eating shit, or even get sick using roundup, at least I know why. Leukemia? Unless you've been dry humping a reactor, it's just "bad luck". That's in quotes because that's what the doctor told my brother when he asked if something he had done had caused it. First question he asked. He was worried he had let people down. Told you he was a good man.
So, Doug, Adam, you fight this thing. You fight it hard. You fight it dirty. You put it on the ground and then you put the boots to it. And when it feels like you can't go on, and it will at times, you dig down deep. Reach down to the bottom of your being. That little extra energy that keeps you going? That's all of us sending it your way. Take it and use it to put this evil shit down.

·
Premium Member
9,368 Posts
Wait, which Doug, Doug as in Duglaura?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My thoughts are with them both. I suggest they look into turkey tail mushroom pills. I have heard positive things about them. My wife took them last month and the marker for her cancer (CA125) dropped for the first time in four months. It’s circumstantial but she’s gonna get more and see. Good luck you guys.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
There are different Leukemia's and different stages. The treatments have evolved and many more are cured than ever before. I was a Miracle bone marrow match for a teenage girl with AML Acute myelogenous Leukemia. I was an unrelated person on the Bone marrow registry. I was only on the Registry 10 months when I got that most unexpected call.
She had relapsed and needed a bone marrow transplant as her best chance. They call them Stem Cells these days. She made a complete recovery and had minimal side effects. She has had 27 years of good health since the transplant! She wanted to know who I was and we have had an ongoing relationship. Best Wishes for a good outcome Doug!

1 - 20 of 172 Posts