Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
@beezer Thanks for keeping everyone up to date.

For the Stem Cell transplant they will be using Adam's Stem Cells, unlike @duglaura .
Adam's body was pretty much wiped clean of any sort of cancer.
Then they give him shots to make his body over produce Stem Cells. (This I hear Sucks)
Then they collect the Stem Cells out of his blood, kind of like how they get plasma
They schedule a full week for collections.... Adam was able to collect enough the first day for 3 Transplants....
They still collected the next day too.
Now we meet with transplant team on the 21st. ( I know his transplant dr from serving his family at Black Sheep when I worked there)..... (oh, is your mother the older lady with the gray curly hair???? hahaha)
Adams Earthly Birthday is Sept 23rd. He will be going into the hospital on the 28th. Given a kick ass dose of Chemo, then on the 29th they give him his Stem Cells back. He will be in the hospital from 2 weeks to a month. depending upon how he responds to everything.

His immune system will go back to like the day his was born. The rules he has to follow for the first 100 days is not fun.... but, he will have to eat well done meat for a while, not have ice from ice machines, no camp fires, no pets, no fresh cut plants.... etc.... etc..... etc.......

I bet it is the same way with Doug.......

----------------------------------

Love You All..... keep up with the prayers..... they are sure working......

-------------------------

Mike and I are doing a little get away .... heading to Alaska on NCL Encore..... I don't care if I just sit on my balcony all day and night...... Just to see G-d's beauty.... and know this same G-d has my Adam in His Hands...... I know no matter what...... everything will be ok.....

·
Super Moderator
30,145 Posts
Prayers that it goes as well as it possibly can. 🙏💜

Reactions: beezer

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
Praying that everything goes well.
Enjoy Alaska.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Prayers up for you Adam. And for your family.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts