Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other FI units out there that will work as well as power commander for a lower price? I'm just not wanting to spend $300 for this when I'm sure there is a cheaper way. My dealer acts like there is no other choice as good as Power commander

Whats your opinions?

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
If you are looking for a one time re-program then I have been told that the dealers can re-program them. The FI system is the same that is used on other Suzuki bikes.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
like v0lusia said, you can have your mapping redone at the dealer-that's an option....

but what your dealer is saying about the power commander is actually true....there are other products on the market that will do what you need it to but the reason the power commander is the "best" choice is because it can actually richen AND lean out the fuel mixture....most other products will only richen the mixture.

our bikes come lean from the factory (no secret there-that's well known) but on a certain point in the power curve, our FI systems actually runs really rich then BAM, it will go lean again.....the reason why the PC is the best option is because they can control that so in the end, you will have optimal fuel mixture at all points in the power curve.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Metric Mob said:
where does the PC go? I have a different seat now that i don't think i could put anything under.

I believe that it goes under the seat and next to the battery box...if you can believe it, the directions don't tell you!.....I'm sure that it could be placed behind the right side cover just like the fi 2000....here's a link to the directions that I found:

http://www.powercommander.com/maps/install/I322-411.pdf

·
Registered
25 Posts
I looked at allot of diff programmers before I bought my Power Commander. I like the tune-ability of the Power Commander over all the rest. But then again I like to fine tune everything.
You can custom tune the complete fuel curve with the power commander and if you have one of there tuning centers close by they can custom build your map on a dyno to get all you can with your mods.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
power commander

Check this site out http://www.totalfuel.net/ it compares power commander/ cobra fi2000/ and techlusion. The last two are quite a bit less than the pc (onieda has the cobra for $156) What this site says is that the pc is the only one that can lean your mixture. Most place say the advantage of pc is in racing applications. It all depends on what you want it to do. If your just messing with intake and exhaust mods a cobra or techlusions should suffice, if you are getting more serious that that the pc would be required.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
jbsrace said:
I looked at allot of diff programmers before I bought my Power Commander. I like the tune-ability of the Power Commander over all the rest. But then again I like to fine tune everything.
You can custom tune the complete fuel curve with the power commander and if you have one of there tuning centers close by they can custom build your map on a dyno to get all you can with your mods.
can you confirm where the pc goes?

we had a question about that above...danka! :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is under the seat behind the battery. I leave the USB cable connected to it all the time and drilled a hole and ran the cable into the side pocket with the tool kit. That way I do not have to take the seat off to re-program it. Just open the side cover and pull the cable out. I believe you could fit it under the tank if you have a space problem under the seat. Not sure if the wires would be long enough to put the unit in the side cover but they may be?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just had my ECM remapped by the Dealer, it can be done !, I am going to use the PCIII for the fuel pump acceleration feature. It cost me 100 bucks for the remap, It is now equal to the PCIII in performance and with a quicker throttle response. I am running V&H Straight shots with Thunder monster baffles and a Thunder vertical teardrop air filter.

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
ba6r0ty said:
but what your dealer is saying about the power commander is actually true....there are other products on the market that will do what you need it to but the reason the power commander is the "best" choice is because it can actually richen AND lean out the fuel mixture....most other products will only richen the mixture.
I bought a Techlusion TFI Fuel Nanny and am just about to purchase a PCIII for my X, the ability to add/subtract fuel is just too good an option. Do the right thing the first time, it will save you $ in the long run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts