Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering Vance & Hines Straight Shots and a K&N filter. The dealer said I would need a power commander and they would have to remap it, to the charge of about $125.00. Doesn't the power commander have maps for it based on your setup? I was figuring I could install. Any feedback on the power commander and mapping?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
The one site I read about Vance and Hines says to get the power commander with it which cost just about the same as the Vance and Hines. It does come pre mapped. However what about finding that place that does dyno services? I would think they could fine tune you without the commander.

·
Registered
55 Posts
On Power Commander's web site you can find places that are authorized Power Commander tuning centers. Just to let you know I went to a dealer near me who is an authorized tuning center for power commander and they wanted roughly 350.00 for a custom mapping and setup. They wanted the bike for 3 days and when it was done I would have a custom tailored mapping for my bike and a note book with all the results of the horsepower and fuel air mixture etc. I'm still deciding if I want to do it or not.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
marcus said:
That's a good idea, anyone have any knowledge of where to dyno a bike in northeast Wisconsin?
suiters speed shop in madison does dyno testing and tuning, they are on femrite dr. just past the interstate they also have a junk yard for bikes if your looking for parts, good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts