Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me about an hour. But mind you, I've never really worked on a motorcycle before, in fact most of my previous wrenching experience has been on computers.

Taking off the gas tank was not as hard as I thought it would be, though I did get a LOT more gas out than I thought I would. I'd done searches on the forums, and I was lead to believe that only a couple of drops would come out. Well, more than a couple of drops came out! I didn't measure it, I suppose it was probably less than a couple of ounces, just enough to make me panic! I don't think anyone ever flipped a gas tank over faster! Putting it back on was easier, I just turned it right-side up again and let it flow into a can, eventually the flow stopped. Probably a total of three ounces came out, but I'm just guessing.

Locating the connectors was probably the next hardest thing to do, but that wasn't all that hard.

All in all I'd rate it a 3 out of 10 as far a difficulty goes.

And the results were great! No more backfiring on up-shifts, throttle response is crisper and man can she go! I put in a K & N filter at the same time, and my seat-of the-pants dyno says I gained just about 8.723 HP at the wheel!

So if you're on the fence on getting one of these, go for it! You won't be sorry! I am far from an experienced mechanic an I did it with very few problems, so you can to!

Now for time for a beer! :smoking:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are you using after market pipes? I am using vance and hines cruzers and want a custom map for it. The web site has the one with straight shots only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts