Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, me again! Told you you'd get SICK of all my questions, but I'm still going to ask! :D

I have the DynoJet Power Commander en route to mi casa. What will I need for it to install it? Do I have to download something into it then load that info via the PC into the bikes' computer? If I have to download something (a "map" I think it's called?), does that cost anything? Or, does the PC come loaded with the info and I just snap it onto the bikes' wiring (where? btw?) and push buttons to set it up like on a car's aftermarket programmer? How do I know what to set it to?

Anyone who's installed a PC on their bike, could you help me out with what to expect and what, if anything, I'll need to install the PC? I'd sure appreciate it! Between the pipes and the air intake, it seems like there's always ONE OTHER THING you need to do the install.

Gettin' kinda tired of this nickle and dime stuff. I just want to put this stuff on and rock and roll already! :twisted:

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The PC pretty much ships with everything you need. The package will contain a CD that has the software and 3 maps that you can use to remap your bike. If you have a lap top then you can just take the laptop to the bike, connect to the USB cable and do it while the bike is running and download the map that is closest to your bikes configuration and off you go. There are also a number of PC service centers that have dyno's and can custom program your PC for maximum efficiency for your bike. You can find them on the PC web site.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JavaMan said:
The PC pretty much ships with everything you need. The package will contain a CD that has the software and 3 maps that you can use to remap your bike. If you have a lap top then you can just take the laptop to the bike, connect to the USB cable and do it while the bike is running and download the map that is closest to your bikes configuration and off you go. There are also a number of PC service centers that have dyno's and can custom program your PC for maximum efficiency for your bike. You can find them on the PC web site.
What if you don't have a laptop? Is that where you're pretty much stuck with having to go to a shop and have them do it?

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Got the box and stuff right in front of me. All you have to do is download the software and maps to your computer from the CD, pick the one you need (there will be one for a stock bike, if that's what you have), connect the provided USB wire from the computer to the PCIII, and download the map. All the instructions will be on the screen. The unit itself is just plug and play. All you'll have to do is unplug the connectors in the FI system near the ECU and plug the two connectors from the PCIII into them. I mounted mine inside the left side cover. You should have plenty of room in there. IIRC, it attaches with two pieces of velcro with double-stick tape on the back of them.
No playing around with the controls should be necessary because if you make a change to the pipes and/or intake system, there should be a map available that's pretty close to what you need. If Dynojet doesn't have the map, check the intake mfrs website. I know Thunder has a bunch of maps.
Dyno tuning is around $250 and is worth it if you want all the power possible.

Barry

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
basshole said:
Daryl, download it to a usb type flash drive and then go from there. You can get em for about $30.00 for a 256mb I think.
Thanks, Basshole. I do have one of those flash drive dealies... at least I think that's what it is. It's a little doo-hickey about the size of a cardboard cutter (similar shape, only a little fatter). Would that work? I know it's got enough memory.

Daryl

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
that's it! the doo-hickey that fits into the thing-a-ma-bobber, it should be right next to the whats-it.....or some damn thing like that. Dude where are the pics of the new pipes??? yur killin me!!!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
basshole said:
that's it! the doo-hickey that fits into the thing-a-ma-bobber, it should be right next to the whats-it.....or some damn thing like that. Dude where are the pics of the new pipes??? yur killin me!!!
I'm killin' YOU? I'm killin' ME!!! I've come to learn that the air intake needs to go on first (due to the PC install), THEN the pipes. Trust me, no one is Jones'ing more than moi, having those HK pipes just sitting in the box waiting for UPS to deliver the friggin' PC...

Hang tight (like we have a choice?) LOL

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
PC

You guys are all over that computer stuff lingo, boy I'm impressed. :lol: :lol: :roll: I was lost from the start. :idea: :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not unless you want to really get your bike tweaked properly. The PC 3 does a good job of setting the air fuel ratio for your bike based on the maps you can download. On the PC 3 site there are about 12 maps for boulevard/volusia's which have certain combinations of exhaust and air intake combos, whether they are after market or stock. From what I have read and seen here, there are quite a few more combinations that have no maps readily available, so if you get a map close enough to your combination and still want more you can dyno it.

Just my 0.02
Patrick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts