Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone using a power commander with vance and hines straightshots? I am getting ready to put these add-ons on the bike and i am looking for install tips. I have a 07 c50 with about 5100 miles on it now and since i like it soo much i am going to give the dog a bone.

I have heard some of the audio clips and it sounds like a good upgrade, by the way thanks to all that sent in clips it saved alot of time and money buying something i would not of liked!

·
Registered
370 Posts
i've got an '06 c50 with VH Straight shots. I bought my bike used and it already had the straight shots. The bike ran ok without a power commander. but ran alot better with one. also I think it sounds better with the power commander. i'm currently running map M322-003. I'm thinking about changing it to M322-006 or M322-008 map. haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
upup1978 said:
is anyone using a power commander with vance and hines straightshots? I am getting ready to put these add-ons on the bike and i am looking for install tips. I have a 07 c50 with about 5100 miles on it now and since i like it soo much i am going to give the dog a bone.

I have heard some of the audio clips and it sounds like a good upgrade, by the way thanks to all that sent in clips it saved alot of time and money buying something i would not of liked!
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the straightshots with a Thunder intake and the power commander. I run map 008. I also run the Accelerator Pump feature offered free of charge by Dynojet. What a setup! You won't be disappointed. It's like night and day. All I need now (it's on order) is the DJ modified rearend.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've got an '05 with V&H Straights, no baffles, and a Hypercharger Pro-R. I'm currently using map 003. I tried 008, but found it was running too rich for my taste. The smell from the exhaust started giving me a headache within 20 minutes. It was also puffing a little gray smoke every time I revved it a bit. I couldn't really tell that much difference in the performance between the 003 and 008 anyway.
Of course, they recommend the dyno session to get it right, so any map off the website is going to be a hit or miss effort.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update on install

well i put the power commander and straightshots on today and wow they make sum racket! good upgrade and nice sound but make sure you like loud pipes or you will not want to do this upgrade. but i like it loud and these make me smile everytime i twist the wrist :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts