Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Yes, powder coat requires heat in the 450 degree range, enough to destroy those rubber bushings.

Really not sure how you'd remove them. I bought a chrome cover and had it powder coated.

·
Administrator
29,695 Posts
i want to powdercoat my upper triple, do I need to remove the rubber bushing for the risers??? if yes how to do it w/o a press????

Generally, I've used a press to remove steering head bushings. Borrow one. Powder coating is a heated pizza oven affair, it will melt the bushings.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
you shouldn't need a press...it's been a while but I seem to recall......

Um yeah, you should be able to get them out with a long smaller diameter bolt with a head and washer about the same diameter as the steel inner sleeve,a piece of steel tube or a socket with a larger inner diameter than the outside diameter of the rubber part of the bushing and a large washer and a nut that fits the bolt.

Put the smaller washer on the bolt then run it through the bushing so that the head is on the top side of the triple clamp.

Put the steel tube or socket on the underside of the triple clamp, then the large washer and the nut. Start tightening the bolt until it pulls the bushing out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.