Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I was able to copy the address of a video, place it in a post, and it worked fine. Now some don't work. Just wondering why.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Before I was able to copy the address of a video, place it in a post, and it worked fine. Now some don't work. Just wondering why.
The only thing I know for sure, is to make certain that the link you're posting has the word "watch" in it.
Those will embed.
Sometimes if you follow a link to a video, the address won't have it.
At that point, click the yoootoob icon at the bottom of the video, and it should take you to a version that will embed.

·
Super Moderator
4,278 Posts
What...a Grand Funk Railroad marathon????:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
23,790 Posts
We're filtering your videos.

Seriously though, I've seen some that don't seem to have embedded on mobile, but appear in the browser, or vice versa. I just move on with life.

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing I know for sure, is to make certain that the link you're posting has the word "watch" in it.
Those will embed.
Sometimes if you follow a link to a video, the address won't have it.
At that point, click the yoootoob icon at the bottom of the video, and it should take you to a version that will embed.
Here's one. I don't see the icon you told me to look for though.

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I clicked youtube like you said and replaced it in previous post and there's no difference.

·
Administrator
1,197 Posts
Hey there folks. Are you still having trouble with video links or all is okay now? I see a lot of videos posted so is it safe to assume that the problem is solved? :)

Cheers,

Erik

·
Super Moderator
56,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No
I just posted one and it didn't work. More often than not they don't work so now if someone clicks the video and the Youtube screen comes up saying the video isn't available I just leave it there. I try to add videos to make things interesting but you guys have taken the joy out of most of that as well.
You still haven't fixed the stuff you messed up a month or more ago. Every time you do something you mess more stuff up. This website ran better before you took over. < Period
You guys don't appear to have a clue of what you're doing or fix stuff you mess up even after being told many many times.
Again I have to ask you, are you guys qualified to run a website? Seriously I want an answer as I spend more time here than any of you do.

I eliminated a lot of what I typed so I don't hurt your feelings. Be thankful ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
This should be resolved now.

Please let me know if you see further issues with it.

- Cricket
How about moving the recent discussions from the side to the bottom so we don't have to scroll to the top after each read????
or maybe place a back to the top of the page icon at the bottom?

·
Administrator
1,197 Posts
How about moving the recent discussions from the side to the bottom so we don't have to scroll to the top after each read????
The sidebar cannot be moved as its coded into the layout and thats how it operates. I am unsure of how the sidebar is obstructing with your forum viewing. Can you explain in further detail or provide a screenshot?

- JB

·
Registered
575 Posts
when the recent post were located at the bottom of the page ,after reading them you were at last post on the page then you could just click at on the next post , since you rearranged the page now we have to scroll back up to the recent post along the side and when you have 10 post per page it is just irritating , I guess its no big thing but it is to me

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I don't know how you're viewing, but at the very bottom of my page is a footer for motorcycle .com
It's a black box. In that box at the far right, on top, is a button that says top. Click it, and like cyberspace magic, it takes you to the top of the page!:smile2:

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
when the recent post were located at the bottom of the page ,after reading them you were at last post on the page then you could just click at on the next post , since you rearranged the page now we have to scroll back up to the recent post along the side and when you have 10 post per page it is just irritating , I guess its no big thing but it is to me
If you click on your control panel, (It's marked CP right under the blue bobber in the header) you can look on the LEFT side and find EDIT OPTIONS.
CLICK THAT. Then you can find options like, how many posts per page to show, you can also set it to show oldest posts first, or oldest posts last, or a handful of other options.

One more thing. There is a button on the top marked NEW POSTS. When I come here that's what I click first, it shows the latest posts, and you can also go pages back using the pages button on the bottom.
I never look at the recent discussion panel on the right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts