Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all,

Just got some time to work on the leaking fuel issue I posted about here: http://www.volusiariders.com/60-help/325082-2001-vol-spitting-gas-under-fuel-tank.html.

While I had the tank off, I was following the second fuel line from the pump to the carb, to see if I saw any obvious leaks. Then I came across what I am assuming is an aftermarket fuel filter. Pic attached. Never saw it before, since it was under a sticky foam cover of some kind that I always thought was a rest for the fuel tank.

This is just where the fuel leak seems to be coming from - there are two hose clamps holding this thing in to the split fuel line. Here's the question: do I need this thing? Can I just replace the entire line and get rid of this thing? Do I need it? Not sure since I don't think it's stock, but wanted to see if anyone has come across this thing before. For what it's worth it looks clean, not fouled. Suppose I could try to keep it but seems like more trouble than it's worth!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
You could....but.....better to replace it with one that actually fits...on that one the nipples look undersized and the hoses improperly fitted. Nothing like additional insurance against crap finding it's way into the carb and plugging **** up....I'd get a larger one with enough volume to prevent ethanol precipitate from entering the carb in enough concentration to cause issues on the highway.

Doesn't look factory as the clamps are not of the type one would expect to find, and the fact that they are on the abrasion resistant sleeve instead of on the hose itself says aftermarket mod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.