Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sorry to hear that Skrap. I hope he bounces back quickly. I'll add him to my prayer list.

My dad seems to be doing well. I should say "well". I don't like to equate "well" with "stable" but I am told that I have to because recovery for this stuff is a hella long time. But he has been weaned ever so slightly down on the O2 over the last couple of days, so that is good news.My stepmother went through a 4 hour outpatient infusion, we're still waiting and watching on that. My brother seems to be doing fine. I haven't heard anything from him. Hopefully, we are heading out of the woods on this.

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
They put my dad on bipap last night because he had trouble breathing when sleeping. He was on it about 8 hours. They took it off this morning and he's still on airflo. I pray he's not regressing

·
Super Moderator
9,101 Posts
Still praying, here. Thanks for the updates; we'll keep him and all of you in our prayers.

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well, my father was bumped up to 90% Airvo today and they had him on his side for much of the day. He's in good spirits, he sounds better than the numbers they keep reporting. IDK what is going on, but at this point, they said they have no more options to throw at him, other than maintaining O2. It is so frustrating...

And not to hijack my own thread, but some time ago, when my mother in law was in for a heart valve replacement and had a stroke in recovery, I also posted this:

On another devastating note, my wife's brother had a large tumor removed from his colon and it's stage 4. The cancer is in his lymph nodes and liver. Very horrible turn of events for our family, but we are keeping up the faith. Never g ive up
So his cancer metastasized to his liver and into his lungs. He went to the Cleveland Clinic. They cut out the tumors in his colon. His colon is cancer-free. They put him on chemo, but as Whiskey can attest, the aversion to cold was horrific and more than he could take. He was in the most excellent physical conditioning of all the kids...So, they lowered the chemo which shrunk the tumors in the liver and they would cut them out after they dealt with the lungs. They upped the chemo again to hit the lungs. The cold aversion was bad again, but they said if after this, they don't shrink, or there's too many, there's nothing left to do. And that's what happened. The CC basically gave him until April. Someone told him about MD Anderson in Houston. So he got on a plane and went there this week. He had over 20 tumors in his lungs. They used a radical treatment that targeted the tumors in his lungs and zapped all of them. They feel that he is cancer free in his lungs and that the ones in his liver are of such inconsequence that they can do the same and target them as well. And he will be cancer free and he'll live long past April. Anderson said that CC would have him die on all that chemo. Here's the kicker. After the initial consult with Anderson, he went back to CC and they said the surgery would kill him as there are too many tumors in the lungs. And my brother in law asked if they could just get most of them out, can he resume chemo, and the CC said "NOT HERE. If you go to Anderson, you aren't welcome here again." That is sad, sick and disgusting.

BUT the Lord is good. He was written off, but kept fighting, got a second opinion and it looks like God ain't done with him yet. So that's my good news for balance.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They are powerful and appreciated beyond words.

·
Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
that is good news...hoping he continues to keep heading in a direction that will end with him being cancer free.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Still praying for pops and I'm glad to hear about your bil. Keep the faith. It's all any of us can really do.

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yin and Yang. Too keep balance in the universe, I had my wife call me a squad. I hated that. Embarrassing, but I didn't know what the heck was going on. More painful than my first appendix attack and it was in the wrong side. A couple hrs later, I got an kidney stone diagnosis. Gonna have fun passing that. Yay.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
Ouch! I've never had a kidney stone before, but a friend of mine showed me his when he was taking it to the doctor for analysis after passing it. That thing looked like a medieval torture device. Sorry, bro. Hope the doc gave you some good pain killers.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Keep a folded washcloth next to the toilet. Bite down on it and use it to smother the screams. Your housemates will appreciate it. A 3AM wake up call sent me scrambling to the bathroom, gun in hand, to kill whatever species of large cat had decided to mate in there. So, there's my roomate, johnson in hand, grimace of pain on his face and he looks at me and says, "Good. Shoot. Shoot now."
Hope yours goes better. What doesn't kill us hurts like a bitch, but survival is winning!

·
Super Moderator
22,240 Posts
feel for you...haven't been there...hope I never have to go thru it either...good luck.

·
Big Red Roamer
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Dad isn't doing well. :(
They had him moving this morning and his spO2 dropped into the 70's. This time, the bipap didn't work as well as he only climbed into the 80s. They moved him to ICU and he agreed to the vent if needed. Not sure who decides that and under what criteria. They told him to get a medical POA for a living will. The pulmonologist told him he was extremely sick. Called my stepmother and told her that his lungs are so bad he's not likely to recover and if he goes on the vent, it's probably not going to have a good outcome. They won't even let her go see him.

·
Super Moderator
27,843 Posts
So sorry to hear this. I'll keep up the prayers for Pops. 🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
19,979 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. All my best to him.

My son finished his quarantine and was allowed to return to duty on Monday. No ill effects other than lingering fatigue.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts