Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

pop goes the weasel

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Skrapiron 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,I've done some searching and reading on here about the occasional pop on decel and everyone talks about the depair on our bikes. my bike also has an occasional pop at idle, not loud, just a slight pop also the pop at decal is not loud just a little pop at times. for my current setup i have the vance & hines cruizers, cobra fi2000 power pro and stock intake. I plan on in the future to buy a intake system for more air. my questions are will the pop hurt anything , will a new intake help and what is a good intake setup, I have been looking at the gman stealth intake. my bike was completely stock before i started with the pipes, it is an 09 fi c50 and the power pro is non adjustable (supposed to be automatic 80 times a second). one more question will the air intake give me a noticeable amount of power, i am thinking that with the free flowing exhaust and processor that the stock intake is a little restrictive. please chime in I like all suggestions and love to hear different suggestions on this, heck i just love c50's.

#2 ·
Have you been the only owner? Storage history- such as well prepped for winters? Could it need a carb clean? Upon buying mine (used), I knew she had not been stored properly, and I was getting some pops- a good carb clean took care of that.

Not really knowledgeable, but thought I'd "bump" you to the top of the page.... :wayhappy:

#7 ·
look for intake manifold or exhaust leaks, exhaust leaks on decal pop, intake on acceleration pops. spray carb cleaner around the intake and exhaust...bike running 1000 rpms to 1500. determine where then attack accordingly.
Suzuki intake rubber on FI models tends to get brittle after 3 years

#8 ·
Have you checked the valve clearance as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.