Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
66ChopperDaddy said:
I had no idea a bike could pull that kind of weight! :shock:

And stopping??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
well the trailer wheels probably have brakes also. but pulling a car would be interesting to see. but that car doesn't look like it has much steel on it.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
66ChopperDaddy said:
Very impressive!!

...I still wanna see him pull a full size 4X4!
for that you just move the platform from a Goldwing to a Boss Hoss ... 8)

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That is really cool. :shock: great idea on to retrieve a vehicle fast. :idea:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
ok - so he can pull it.......and he can stay upright. The weight of the vehicle is not centered on the bike - I get that. But I would think STOPPING in a hurry would be an issue. Even with the weight centered on the trailer - it's still gonna PUSH.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
calan said:
ok - so he can pull it.......and he can stay upright. The weight of the vehicle is not centered on the bike - I get that. But I would think STOPPING in a hurry would be an issue. Even with the weight centered on the trailer - it's still gonna PUSH.
didn't it say the trailer has brakes? not sure.

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
Boxwrench said:
calan said:

Where are all these so called "engineers" on this board? :wink: :lol:

Yes it has brakes but.......... The pulling vehicle should have atleast 10% tongue weight on the hitch and I also believe the puller must weigh 25% of the load being pulled to meet our DOT standards??? I can't see this contraption ever being used in North America as it would require a Pilot Car in front and rear thus making it not cost effective.......

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Wood Welder said:
Boxwrench said:
calan said:

Where are all these so called "engineers" on this board? :wink: :lol:

Yes it has brakes but.......... The pulling vehicle should have atleast 10% tongue weight on the hitch and I also believe the puller must weigh 25% of the load being pulled to meet our DOT standards??? I can't see this contraption ever being used in North America as it would require a Pilot Car in front and rear thus making it not cost effective.......
You need 3 vehicle to tow up there?

Just need the truk w/ lights down here

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's really great. There would be periods when it could not be used in the Northern U.S or Canada due to snow, ice, cold, etc.

Still a great :idea:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts