Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had tried any different plugs on their vol. I'm going to be doing a little re jetting since I'm too rich on the low end, and I think I've more or less fouled the plugs over time. I know they make platinum, split-fire etc, but I don't have a clue if they make any that will fit a Vol, or even if they actually DO anything...[/i]

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
New plugs will not help any. The rejet will do more good than the plugs. Just get a good quality plug. I went with NGKs from Advance when I replaced mine recently, I think they were like $2 apiece.

-BR

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool... I've already got the Vance and Hines pipes, and the K&N filter that fits the stock airbox, and I did the el cheapo rejet. When I first did it some months ago, I felt a big boost in performance. My brother has an 800 Kaw that he put quite a bit of work into, and I could take him on rollons etc. Lately whenever we grab a handful he overhauls me pretty easily, my gas mileage has suffered, and I smell gas everytime I go to pull up to a stop sign if I've opened the throttle a little before I get there. Local 25yr bike shop guy who does a lot of performance bikes talked to me about it, and he was abhorrent that I went with a 37.5 pilot. ( I think that's the size they sent, like I said, it's been months). Anyways, I'm just trying to get some gas mileage back and hopefully a little bit more of the spirit back in her. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
273 Posts
If it ran good after you rejetted it and it seems to have changed now I would check the mixture screw and throw in a new set of NGK plugs and see what that does. You might want to check to make sure that the choke cable is pushed all the way in where it goes into the carb. If it gets backed out a little bit it's like running with the choke out a notch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts